Isolation can be challenging – maintaining your mental and physical health, and keeping children entertained is a big task. Below are some useful links and tips to help you through this difficult time. You can also view our links and info on COVID-19 here, as well as the Australian Government hub for all things related to COVID-19 (coronavirus) www.australia.gov.au.
Are you feeling worried or struggling to cope during the coronavirus pandemic? Beyond Blue can help. Their trained counsellors are there to support you 24/7. Give them a call on 1800 512 348 or you can visit their site for more information.
Lifeline has developed a range of free toolkits to provide you with information and assistance during challenging times. Browse and download their range of toolkits and factsheets by clicking here.
Qualified counsellors at Kids Helpline are available via WebChat, phone or email anytime and for any reason. They have responded to over 8 million contacts. For some young people, connecting with Kids Helpline has been a life-saving experience, while for others it’s about practical help and emotional support at the critical moment they need someone to listen.
You can call them on 1800 55 1800 or access their website at: https://kidshelpline.com.au
Explaining the coronavirus pandemic and its impact to children. ‘How to talk to your children about coronavirus (COVID-19)’ 8 tips to help comfort and protect children.
A Masterclass in owning your your mental health.
The Australian Government Department of Health is one of the best resources for up-to-date, accurate information about the pandemic. You can also download the Government’s Fact Sheet on the coronavirus(COVID-19) National Health Plan outlining the support for Australians mental health through the coronavirus pandemic
Chris Hemsworth’s app Centr is offering free 7-day trials. The app includes workouts of all different styles – HIIT, strength training, boxing, yoga, etc. It also includes meal plans and guided meditations.
- Yoga With Adriene is an online community with over 10 million subscribers. It provides high quality practices on yoga and mindfulness at no cost, supporting both physical and mental health for people during lockdown.
- Keep It Cleaner is offering a free virtual gym with workout classes at 7am on Wednesdays and Fridays. No equipment needed.
- Orange Theory is sharing a new workout online every day. You might need equipment for some of the classes, but just a random 3-5kg item from around your house will do.
- Cooking by Fassnidge is a premium cooking lesson that not only allows people to “Stay At Home” and get the social interaction we all desire. Learn from Colin Fassnidge and end up with a mouth watering dinner you can have as either a romantic date, a family dinner or a premium solo meal with left overs that will keep you satisfied for days. Email: email@example.com to find out more.
- 6 million people work out with Les Mills each week. Stream, cast or download 1000+ workouts in strength, cardio, HIIT, martial arts, cycle, yoga and more by clicking here.
- 28 by Sam Wood only takes 28 minutes a day, you also get daily support from the 28 by Sam Wood team each day.
- IsoArtEscape presented by professional artist Belinda Williams will present Facebook Live plus pre-recorded videos demonstrating how to create a painting from start to finish. Register by clicking here.
Activities For Children
- Newy with Kids offers 40+ ideas for family fun while social distancing including conducting science experiments, doing a family yoga session and other great ideas.
- Taronga zoo virtual tour: Take the family on an educated tour of Taronga zoo from the comfort of your home.
- Fitoons: hopes to instil a healthy lifestyle mentality in children through play. Kids choose from six comical characters and devise exercise programs and meal plans.