Isolation can be challenging, maintaining your mental health, and keeping children entertained is a big task. Below are some useful links and tips to help you through this difficult time. You can also view our helpful links/info on COVID-19 here, as well as the central Australian Government hub for all things related to coronavirus(COVID-19) Australia.gov.au
- Beyond Blue: Are you feeling worried or struggling to cope during the coronavirus pandemic? Beyond Blue can help. Their trained counsellors are there to support you 24/7. Give them a call on 1800 512 348 or you can visit their site for more information.
- Lifeline: Download the ‘Working from home – how to maintain our mental health well-being’ toolkit for tips to support those working from home.
- Read the Australian Government’s Fact Sheet on the coronavirus(COVID-19) National Health Plan outlining the support for Australians mental health through the coronavirus pandemic
- Kidshelpline: Having a mental break and a sense of humour can be helpful during times of seriousness and stress. Kidshelpline have put together a fun quiz for children asking questions about their time at home/phsyical distancing/in quarantine. This is just a bit of fun and there is no right or wrong answer. Access the quiz here.
- Unicef: Explaining the coronavirus pandemic and its impact to children. ‘How to talk to your children about coronavirus (COVID-19)’ 8 tips to help comfort and protect children.
- Nick Bracks: A Masterclass in owning your your mental health.
- Chris Hemsworth’s app Centr is offering six weeks of free membership. The app includes workouts of all different styles – HIIT, strength training, boxing, yoga, etc. It also includes meal plans and guided meditations.
- Keep It Cleaner is offering a free virtual gym with workout classes at 7am on Wednesdays and Fridays. No equipment needed.
- Orange Theory is sharing a new workout online every day. You might need equipment for some of the classes, but just a random 3-5kg item from around your house will do.
- Cooking by Fassnidge is a premium cooking lesson that not only allows people to “Stay At Home” and get the social interaction we all desire. Learn from Colin Fassnidge and end up with a mouth watering dinner you can have as either a romantic date, a family dinner or a premium solo meal with left overs that will keep you satisfied for days. Email: email@example.com to find out more.
- 6 million people work out with Les Mills each week with 800+ workouts.
- 28 by Sam Wood only takes 28 minutes a day, you also get daily support from the 28 by Sam Wood team each day.
- IsoArtEscape presented by professional artist Belinda Williams will present Facebook Live plus pre-recorded videos demonstrating how to create a painting from start to finish. Contact Belinda through email at: IsoArtEscape@gmail.com to sign up today.
Activities For Children
- Newy with Kids offers 40+ ideas for family fun while social distancing including conducting science experiments, doing a family yoga session and other great ideas.
- Taronga zoo virtual tour: Take the family on an educated tour of Taronga zoo from the comfort of your home.
- Fitoons: hopes to instil a healthy lifestyle mentality in children through play. Kids choose from six comical characters and devise exercise programs and meal plans.