PRESSURE is mounting on the government to identify and dismiss the remaining individuals involved in a bizarre sex scandal in which male parliamentary staffers committed lewd acts on the desks of female MPs and around Parliament House in Canberra, and brought sex workers into the building.
Already one staffer, Nathan Winn, is understood to have left his employ with the Morrison government since the original story was broadcast on Network 10. Mr Winn had worked in the office of the Chief Government Whip until Monday evening, in a position he had held since he was hired by the then newly installed Turnbull government in October 2015.
With others involved remaining in the building, staffers report feeling under a cloud until the matter is resolved. NSW Liberal senator Hollie Hughes said parliament needed those involved in the acts to leave so that the government could get on with its job.
“The people involved in this sort of activity should look to make an exit,” she said. Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton also told 2GB radio he had been “shocked” and “revolted” by what he had seen in the report, adding that the behaviour had “tarnished” the reputations of everyone who worked in Parliament House.20210326-Sack-sex-scandal-staffers-Morrow-Armstrong-Gold-Coast-Bulletin